Cyborg City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One drink leads to another...

2 posters

Go down

One drink leads to another... Empty One drink leads to another...

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Alice sighed as she took a seat in a corner of the tavern. She hated today. It was today, exactly a year ago, that her mother had been killed in an accident. Normally she wouldn't have even left her room now, but her co-workers had insisted she show up to work this morning, babbling about some sort of virus in the new AI system that needed her expertise to fix. So she had gone. Hey, a girl had to make money somehow right? Besides, it had taken her mind off of things for a while. She had thought it would be a quick fix, in and out and back to her apartment in a few hours, but the darn thing had turned out to have a backup of itself on another program that had been used with this one, and she had been forced to spend the entire morning scanning for residual signs of the virus, as well as completing a scheduled defragging of the main computer.

Now though, she was out of the office. Home had been her next stop, but on her way there she had passed by the corner where the accident happened and the need for a good strong drink had hit her. And now... well, here she was. It wasn't the healthiest way to deal with her problems, but it helped her forget for a while, and that was something she desperately needed. One of the bartenders brought over her drink and she thanked him with a nod, picking up the glass and taking a sip. Staring morosely at the table, she sighed. It was going to take more than one drink to help her state of mind change. Oh well, she had all the time she wanted today. She took another sip and leaned back in her chair, thankful that at least her cybernetics didn't prevent her from getting drunk. Perhaps after a few drinks she wouldn't be so upset, or at the very least, buzzed enough to ignore how upset she was. Good thing her apartment was within walking distance...
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

One drink leads to another... Empty Re: One drink leads to another...

Post  James Kempu Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:32 pm

There was a beautiful woman drinking at the bar and it caught James' eyes. He was the owner of this place, the man that pretty much did whatever needed done. He was a jack of all trades at this bar but right now he had nothing to do. So he strode on over to the pretty lady sitting next to her. She looked rather sad, kind of like most people coming into his place for a drink. Booze seemed to make life go a little more easy for some people. So in a way his bar sold happiness, or the tools to trick yourself into thinking you are in fact happy. He sat next to the dazzling red head and smiled a little.

"Hey, May I buy you a drink?" Of course he really just wanted a chance to get to know her. Most guys buying a lady a drink were hoping for sex that night. James however just wanted her number at the very least. She just had this air about her, and his heart told him to give it a shot. If she splashed her current drink in his face, oh well at least he gave it a shot. He was a hopeless romantic and believed in love at first sight. Maybe this was his heart telling him to give it a shot? At any rate he hoped that it all worked out. Because this woman really was a dazzling site.
James Kempu
James Kempu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Alice took another sip of her drink and rested her head on her arm. The liquid was warming her throat, but not her spirits. She sighed, then looked over as a man came over to her. Listening to his words, she blinked. He wanted to buy her a drink? But men only bought pretty girls drinks. She mentally shook her head. Don't go all insecure and weird now AJ!, she thought to herself. Besides, it was only a drink right? She had come here to get drunk and forget her pain for a bit, so why not? She smiled softly. "Thank you. I would be flattered." She tilited her head a bit and looked at him curiously. He was rather handsome, if she admitted it to herself. That he had chosen to come over to her when there were other women here who were prettier than she was a bit of an ego booster.

Besides, there was something about him that seemed charming. She didn't know what it was, but she wanted to get to know him a bit. Who knows? It might take her mind off her pain and be an enjoyable time. At the very least she would have company and she wouldn't be feeling quite so down.
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kempu Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:51 pm

James was happy that she had accepted his offer, She was a gorgeous woman and he was going to have a shot at getting to know her! "Hey, Bruno get the lady another drink, and a scotch for me." It was kinda funny that he was basically paying himself to buy a pretty girl a drink. He put a nice crisp bill on the table a large one so that the bartender would keep it coming. When he got his drink it went straight down the hatch which made him smile a little. He was glad that she had accepted but now what? Should he tell her that he was interested in a date some time? No he needed to be calm and cool, make it seem like he had no intentions, he just wanted to get to know her.

"So my name is James, May I ask to know the name of the beautiful woman that I am talking too." James was so happy, it was not often he got to talk to someone like this. Who knew, maybe he could convince her to go on a date the next day? The prospect made him happy.
James Kempu
James Kempu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Alice smiled at the compliment he gave her. James huh? That was a nice name. She took a sip of her new drink, the old one having been finished while he was talking and took a breath. "It's nice to meet you James. My name is Alice, but most people I know end up calling me AJ." She ran her finger around the rim of her glass and looked over at him quietly. She didn't talk to many people like this. Well, really, she just didn't talk to many people period. It was rather nice to have company, especially handsome company like his. She wondered if he was single... Ah! She blinked and forced the thought out of her mind. Bad AJ, she scolded herself. Well... he was easy on the eyes, and he had bought her a drink. Usually that was something a single man did.

She had just met him though. All she knew was his name. She took another sip from her drink to hide her lips as they quirked up into a wry smile. Well, they were going to keep talking. She would learn more as the time passed.
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kempu Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:08 pm

James was happy and he finished off his drink wanting to keep up with her. "So AJ, tell me about yourself."Of course the bartender kept the drinks coming like he was told to. James thought nothing of them both drinking. He was comfortable with her even if he had just met her. This woman was certainly nice and she did seem to be interested in him. And she had to be single right? She would not be drinking in a place like this if she had someone special. James was sure that if they got along he would have a shot. But after his second drink he started to feel a bit buzzed. However that did not bother him.

He just listened intently storing away all of what she was saying. He really was a good listener and he could listen to her for hours, she was so amazingly beautiful and sweet.
James Kempu
James Kempu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Aice took another drink and smiled. "Well, I'm a hacker for Phoenix Corp. but I also do work for hire," she stated. "It's a pretty good job and I really like it... most days. Sometimes though, I wish things were a little simpler." Setting the glass down on the table, she traced random patterns on the table with a fingernail. "I have a weakness for old books, especially classics. I know everything's online now, but there's just something about the feel of pages and the musty scent of ink and paper." She laughed slightly. "Oh, and I hate Jell-o." She wrinkled her nose. "Seriously, who thought jell-o was a good idea?" smile made its way across her face and she tilted her head to look up at him through her hair, which fell into her face. "My mom used to tease me by making jell-o cubes and putting them on a plate instead of cake for my birthday when I was younger." She smiled fondly at the memory. Of course, right after, the cubes would be taken away and replaced with a slice of moist chocolate or lemon cake. After that, her father would take the cubes and they would have a mini jell-o war. Those were some good times... She blinked and shook her head. "Anyways, there's not much interesting information about me."

The drinks were making her bolder than normal. Usually she wouldn't talk this much to anyone. She sighed slightly. Well, her mind wasn't focusing on sadder matters, so that was good. Picking up her glass, she took another sip and swallowed. "How about you James?" She was curious to find out about this man.
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kempu Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:34 pm

"Well I used to be an actor... tragic car crash led me to...owning this bar, So I think we share a love of old books." He smiled a bit just glad that everything was working out and that she was being open with him. So he decided to be open with her. She worked for phoenix so of course she would not be too shocked that he was a cyborg. He let his body take the shape of a dog for a few brief seconds. A black lab to be exact but soon enough he turned back into himself. "They intended for me to be the latest and greatest spy... dectective, whatever you want to call it. The cops at the time thought that it was unethical however to have such power." He sighed a little. The trip down memory lane made him crave to forget about it.

"You know what would be fun? A little drinking game, If I win... I get your phone number.. if you win...well what do you want? He had the bartender set up 6 shots for both of them and first to finish their 6 would win. However she had not agreed yet.
James Kempu
James Kempu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Alice's eyes widened. Shapeshifting? She had heard of a project regarding such matters, but it had been a little before her time. So he was a cyborg too, huh? The talk of a car crash brought up the memory of why she had come here and she winced slightly before pushing the thought to the back of her mind. "ah... sorry about the accident and the police." That wasn't exactly fair... after all, his abilities would have been a great help to the law enforcement at the time. "So we're both cyborgs..." she murmured.

A drinking game? For her phone number? She blushed slightly. "Hm... if I win... how about you buy me dinner?" She smiled, then blinked, blushing slightly. Wow... the drinks really had loosened her up a bit. Oh well, the words were out, and truthfully, she would have thought it anyways. Although, if he got her number, it probably would have led to a date anyways... She blinked. Well, it was a drinking contest, and her competitive side was coming out. She looked over at him, tracing the rim of her empty glass. "What do you say?" Worst case, he would say no. But she didn't think he would. Here's to hoping...
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kempu Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:59 pm

James smile and had the bartender add 2 extra shots when he saw her wince. Maybe both of them getting wasted was what they needed? He knew he needed it. Because... well thinking about his acting career made him miss it. "So, first to finish 8 wins... go!" He started off drinking shot after shot trying to win but then he realised if he lost he would still win. She wanted to go on a date with him? That made him REALLY happy and so it slowed down his performance. By about his 6th shot he was totally woozy and feeling slower.
James Kempu
James Kempu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Alice smiled. She had come here to get drunk and forget her pain for a bit, and that was exactly what she was going to do. She downed the first four shots before a feeling of wooziness hit her. Picking up the fifth, she drank it a bit more slowly, noticing he was already on his sixth. Her competitiveness made her want to win, although she recognized that no mater the outcome, she won anyways. Well, they both did if you thought about it. But still, she wouldn't mind finishing her shots first. it was that thought alone that helped her down the next two. This was it, the last glass. Huh... she was feeling really lightheaded now.

She tried to pick up the glass, but her fingers didn't seem to be working right. Strange... they had been fine five minutes ago. Then again, five minutes ago she hadn't had so much alcohol in her system. She giggled. With some effort, she managed to pick up the glass and drank it down. "Yay, finished!" She turned to James to see if she had won or not, still giggling slightly.
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kempu Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Alice had won by only a few moments and it made him start laughing uncontrollably. He was a silly drunk who really did not make much sense when he had a few gallons of booze in him. "You win...but jokes on you... I want you..." How she took this statement was entirely up to her. Because at this point his natural filter was off, and he was up for anything. If she had took that comment to a dirty place there was no stopping them from going to fulfil some basic human needs. She really was a beautiful woman even if she was really blurry right now.

"Hey..yoooour...your..gor..geous." He hiccuped with another laugh just really happy about the fact that he was with her He had almost forgotten that they had been drinking.
James Kempu
James Kempu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Hearing James laugh only served to increase her giggles. At his statement, she flushed, mind going to the gutter. "Wh-why James, that sounds positi... posili... positively dirty." She teased, dissolving into laughter, both slightly embarrassed and flattered. The alcohol in her system was making things a bit fuzzy, but she still had enough of her wits about her to hear what he was saying. Drunk or no, the compliment made her smile. "Th-thanksss James. You're... pretty han'some yo-yourself... yeah." She laughed harder, clutching the table to keep herself from falling over.
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kempu Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:33 pm

James hiccuped and fell off his stool he was drunk as hell and that made him rather brave and bold. It also turned his mind to the gutter after awhile. She was a beautiful woman and with beautiful came sexy. With his brain numbed and out of the picture another part of his body took over. And that part was currently standing at attention as well. "So...wah...what would you...say if I said..i want in your pants?" James tried to make it as seductive as he could keeping the laughter at a very minimal level. She was just so gorgeous and it really made him crave her.

The happy sloppy drunk was now a horndog, but hopefully she would not mind that? But the sloppy happy side started to come back, James could not stop laughing at the spinning room. It was hilarious how all the squiggles moved around the room.
James Kempu
James Kempu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Normally Alice would be blushing and stuttering right now. She might have even used her pulse ability to stun him temporarily while she made her way out of the bar and stumbled home. But right now, the drink in her systems was turning her into a rather promiscuous lady. And hey, he was a handsome man calling her pretty, as well as being attracted to her. It was flattering and ego boosting, especially today. She smiled, laughter still ringing out, especially when he fell. "Wh-well James..." she purred. Fir-first I'd ask if yuh-you can even find your way to my pants." She giggled. "Buh-but if you could do that I'm all for a little fun..." she smirked. Letting go of the table, she waved a hand in front of her face and gazed at it. Wow... she hadn't noticed how fascinating her hand was before. Still giggling, she waved it back and forth while waiting for James to reply.
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kempu Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:01 pm

"Oh... I know where they are. we just...need.." James lost track of where he was going with his little rant. But he did know that this woman was just as drunk as he was. But when you were this past sober it did not really matter how things went. "Lets...lets go...private." James got to his feet stumbling over to the door. His legs felt like the substance she despised, Jello They shared something in common. He did not like Jello, but he did not Despise it. When he got out of the bar he fell on his ass again.
James Kempu
James Kempu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Stumbling after James, Alice found her way to the door. Once outside, she saw him sprawled on the ground. Giggling slightly, she reached a hand down to help him up. She was barely able to stay on her feet herself. It was only by leaning on the wall of the bar that she was able to stay upright. "S-so whe-where we going?" Her mind wasn't working properly and everything was slightly blurred. She giggled again and leaned her head back, shaking her hair out of her face. It was sort of like her mind was swimming through a haze. Everything was floating... She smiled.
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  James Kempu Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:24 pm

"I...is...your plac...close?" He stuttred and slurred his words, it felt like he was getting even worse by the moment. But oh well he was about to spend a really nice night with a really nice woman. It would just take them forever to figure out how to undress one another. Maybe by then they would be sober enough to actually do it? He laughed at the thought and took her elp getting up then put an arm around her. "We...may have....met just now...buh...but...i like.." He started but soon enough forgot where he was going.
James Kempu
James Kempu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Riddle Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Alice leaned into him slightly. Huh... they were supporting one another it seemed. "m...my place is... close. The 'partmnts..." She mumbled. His next words had her blushing through the drunkenness. "I like..." she didn't finish her statement, instead concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other. Geez, she was really drunk... "C'mon... is this way." She started to head towards The Skyrise apartments, giving thanks that they weren't too far away. Stumbling around like this for a time would not be a good thing to do. What would people say? She giggled at the thought, still giddy from her drinking. Hm... better to go now before she forgot where she lived. Wait... where did she live? Oh, right. She giggled harder. To think, she was going home with a man she had just met in the bar. But he seemed to be a very nice man...
Alice Riddle
Alice Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum