Cyborg City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Procrastination...at its best

2 posters

Go down

Procrastination...at its best Empty Procrastination...at its best

Post  Riona Carter Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:03 pm

ஜ❖ஜ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mall was a little quiet although it was evening and most of the families that had frequented the busy metropolis of stores had gone home to eat supper. There was of course the hard core shoppers, and those that had opted to eat dinner at the mall but for the most part it was pretty quiet for a Tuesday night. After going through the racks of CDs, looking for anything interesting to add to her eclectic array of music, the cyborg had moved on towards other stores. Not that she really needed anymore stuff but there was something about shopping that was cathartic and relaxing. It was also nice to be out of her flat and where people were even if she didn't know anyone. Rio was certainly a "peoples person" and she didn't like being alone. Rubbing the back of her neck she walked down the aisle way, avoiding strollers and toddlers who had gotten out of hand and flashing a friendly smile towards the mothers who looked haggard and bedraggled. She remembed being like that, full of energy and with places to be and people to see, she must of run her mother ragged as well. With a soft laugh at the good memories she shook off the impending shadow that threatened to burst her happy little bubble, not wanting to think of her parents or anything to really do with what had happened a few years ago.

Humming a cheery tune to the song playing over head she entered one of the many stores to poke around. She had gone into another music store, figuring it was better than clothing. Her closet was already full, although it didn't help that she'd moved from her parents home to a small apartment with not that much closet space. The thought of unpacking the boxes had her grimcing and returning to perusing the stacks of new music that had come out recently. She was a budding musician and she certainly enjoyed listening to a wide array of music, wanting to hear what exactly others were coming out with. She thumbed through the cases, continuing to hum thoughtfully as she tapped her foot and let her mind wander. Yes packing was definitely something she had to do, and find a job. Both of which didn't exactly appeal to the cyborg. So, she would waste at least an hour shopping and then she would return to the real world of work, or perhaps go hunting for a job. With that in mind she smiled and continued her shopping excursion.

ஜ❖ஜ
Riona Carter
Riona Carter

Back to top Go down

Procrastination...at its best Empty Re: Procrastination...at its best

Post  Hadley Hart Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:56 pm

And a few stores down, a middle-aged man paused to scratch his head as he peered at a display.

Talking into his military-style wrist comlink, he didn't quite fit in with the rest of the crowd, despite his rather plain and predictable clothing. "So... you didn't write that down by mistake? We really do need three teddy bears?" Hadley winced a moment as his answer came through the speaker curled around his ear. "Okay, so three teddy bears. Any specific type, or... Actually, I don't know what you mean by a teddy-bear-type teddy bear. Could you cover the mic before you chuck that next grenade from the launcher? - Thanks. ...Okay, I can work with that. Thanks Ainsley. See you tonight," he said cheerfully before ending the call.

Gingerly, he took a few steps back, running a hand through his hair. A teddy bear that could fit some decent explosives in it just in case it all went wrong... that was actually a description he could work with. ...Even if he did look thoroughly out of place as he finally wandered into the toy store.

"Thoroughly out of place" was something of an understatement, actually. As large and muscular as Hadley was, it seemed to defy the fact that he was old enough to be someone's father. He didn't actively have a child in tow, after all. He was also apparently extremely easily distracted, given that five minutes after going in looking for a teddy bear, he promptly found himself playing with a tiny remote-control helicopter they had on display...
Hadley Hart
Hadley Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  Riona Carter Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:18 pm

ஜ❖ஜ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After picking up a few CDs and paying for them Rio moved down the hallway and glanced up at the toy store. With a shrug she slipped inside the store humming cheerily as she went through the hallways. She personally loved board games and had a secret stash of stuffed animals that took up the top shelf of her closet. True she was an adult but what person didn't enjoy returning to their childhood once and a while. As she wandered down an aisle way she caught sight of Hadley. She watched as he played with the helicopter, keeping an eye on the little flying object with an amused smile as she picked up a deck of play cards and glanced at the price before putting them down "Those are all the rage so I hear" she offered, wondering if he was shopping for someone. It was a little unusual to see a grown man, who looked to be around middle-age especially without a little one in toe. She glanced around to make sure she hadn't been mistaken upon her first assessment before returning her attention to him with a polite smile. She was quite a bit younger than him but not so much that it wasn't unusual that she was in the toy aisle. She didn't really have any interest in remote control toys, however they were fun to fool around with and they were right across from the board games.

Slipping her hands in her pockets she rocked back on her heels and tilted her head consideringly, she really did need to get out more if she was considering board games as a way to relieve some of the tedious boredom. Or atleast get a job, yes a job would take up the space of time currently occupied by wandering. Her eyes flicked to a particularly eye catching display of stuffed toys, including a few stuffed giraffes. It was one creature she hadn't added to her menagerie just yet. She wasn't about to admit that she had a stuffed toy collection but the giraffe was certainly cute.

ஜ❖ஜ
Riona Carter
Riona Carter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadley Hart Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Apparently he hadn't noticed her until she spoke, and then he jumped, nearly letting the tiny helicopter fly into the wall. "I can believe it," he said enthusiastically. "The controls are great, and they even make them so that you can shoot tiny foam missiles at people, if just buzzing around their heads isn't enough..." He almost gloated before seeming to realize that he was a forty-something man plotting on how to get away with buying toys designed for ten-year-olds.

"I'm going to bet my boss wouldn't be too happy with me bringing back a fleet of them, though," he said sheepishly. "Not with company money, anyway."
Hadley Hart
Hadley Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  Riona Carter Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:39 pm

ஜ❖ஜ
Riona lit up abit at his obvious enthusiasm her eyes brightening with mirth as she stared at the helicopter "it definitely is impressive, if you like it you'd love the airplane they have over in the next aisle" she stated with an amused lilt to her tone. His words abou his boss not liking him bringing the toy back and paying for it with company money brought laughter to the 23 year old's lips as she looked up at him. "No....no...that probably is not the best idea especially if that isn't what you were sent here to buy...they are fun though eh?" she murmmured sounding amused as she set down one of the toys she'd been studying. Her eyes continuing to stray over to the stuffed toy display before she turned her attention back to Hadley. "So what did your boss send you here for?" she asked curiously.

She was curious as to where he was working that would allow him to go to a toy store of all places to buy stuff on the company dime. All the places she'd worked hadn't ever sent her out on such a mission, although she had a distinct feeling he had wandered away from what his boss originally wanted. She found it amusing, and a little cute that a forty-something year old would be in a toy store but if she could offer a word of advice she would be happy to help. Although she wasn't an employee there, she was a kid at heart and had come into the store to play a bit before. Much to the chagrin of the actual employees.

ஜ❖ஜ
Riona Carter
Riona Carter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadley Hart Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 pm

"They have an airplane!?" His face lit up a moment, obviously full of visions of making his desk into a tiny runway. "But... yeah, I suppose you're right, I should actually do work." Hadley laughed a little. "Maybe you can help me. I guess I'm looking for some sort of teddy bear? Just a... normal one, not a talking one or one with a holographic interface or something." He peered at the aisle of stuffed animals, wrinkling his nose. "About this big?"

He gestured for a medium-sized teddy bear before giving a shrug. "I don't know why my boss sent me out to get it, to be honest. She's a bit crazy sometimes," he said with a laugh. "But she's also my sister, so I might just find that she wants them to pelt me with when I won't get up early on a Sunday. At least it's not a sweater vest..."
Hadley Hart
Hadley Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  Riona Carter Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:07 pm

ஜ❖ஜ
Rio tilted her head thoughtfully as she nodded her head and moved towards the aisle that contained all the stuffed animals. "So something basic....probaably something soft too if she's going to pelt you with them" she murmmured thoughtfully. She glanced back at him getting an idea for size before moving down the aisle, bypassing all the fancier bears that spoke, moved or projected images. She hummed cheerily as she grabbed the giraffe she'd had an eye on and stuffed it under her arm before continuing down the aisle. "Did you want a bear? Or a stuffed animal?" she asked curiously turning to look at him. She found the whole conversation rather amusing, after all here they were a 20 something speaking to a 40 something, quite seriously about the selection of stuffed animals in Aisle 2. Not that she minded, it was kind of nice to meet someone who seemed to be a little goofy in nature.

Most adults she'd met, especially those who were older than her, always looked at her a little oddly when she entered a toy store. The fact that this guy seemed to enjoy the toy store as much as she did made her quite cheery inside. "And yes the airplane is in Aisle 4...it's pretty cool" she agreed as an after thought. She miled at Hadley as she began to pull out a few bears and other animals that were the right size and fairly simple in design. Not having any fancy features, just stuffing and beaded eyes. "My names Riona by the way" she stated, feeling a little rude for not introducing heself. Her mother would have torn a strip out of her if she had been present. Then again both her parents had been sticklers for manners.

ஜ❖ஜ
Riona Carter
Riona Carter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadley Hart Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:22 pm

"Oh! Right!" He smiled, holding out his hand for a shake. "I'm Hadley Hart. You probably haven't heard of Hart-Sec. We're just a security company, nothing too big. ...still doesn't explain the teddy bears, I know," he said with a small laugh. Although he was clearly a bit embarrassed to be where he was, shoulders drawn in tight, looking a little flustered, he also didn't seem to be letting this fact get to him very much. If anything, Hadley seemed almost relieved that he was talking with someone and there had been no mention of contracts, guns, or both. "It's good to meet you, Riona."

He paused a moment, evaluating the stuffed animals. "You know, I don't think it really has to be a bear. Maybe that giraffe for one of them?" It was where she had been looking earlier, which meant it had some seal of approval from her - at least, it meant that in Hadley's mind, anyway. Besides, the neck would be a great place to hide an extra rifle if it all really did go to hell.
Hadley Hart
Hadley Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  Riona Carter Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 pm

ஜ❖ஜ
Riona smiled and took the offered hand in her own, shaking it firmly but not too firmly. "I just moved here but I've seen your company in passing" she admitted with a smile. Her eyes lit up with curiosity as she glanced at the assortment of bears. What could a security company possibly want with a lot of bears, her mind ran through all the possibilities. Some being disregarded as entirely too ridiculous although the thought of bomb bears did come to mind. She noticed that he still seemed a bit embarassed to be found in a toy store, although he was handling it well especially for a guy who obviously didn't have any young children. "Its nice to meet you as well Mr. Hart...or may I call you Hadley?" she inquired curiously as she glanced up at him. The petite blonde wore a smile, seeming perfectly relaxed and at home in Aisle 4 of the toy store, surrounded on either side by stuffed animals in an array of shapes, sizes and abilities. Although they currently stood in the section that was probably the most basic of all, simple stuffed toys with beaded eyes and stuffing. No voice boxes, no moveable parts, no special abilities and certainly no holograms. In her opinion they were the best of all, and they certainly returned her to her childhood every time s he went down that particular aisle.

At his mention of the giraffe she looked down at the glassy eyed creature with the lovely light brown and tan spots, her fingers moving to smoothe out a patch as she hugged it protectively. "You can use that giraffe" she stated as she pointed to a giraffe that was the same size but just not as soft and plushy, atleast in Riona's opinion. She had a somewhat guarded look on her face as she held the giraffe to her chest and wandered down the aisle to find other suitable stuffed toys, treating the excursion like a little mission. Although if he wanted to use her giraffe, well then there might be a little bit of trouble.

ஜ❖ஜ
Riona Carter
Riona Carter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum